The Un-Impossible Mission has been released!
Grab it from the Missions Depot at OFPEC.
OFPEC Review Summary
While the difficulty of this mission is horrendous, causing
it to not earn a perfect score, the mission is otherwise flawless. I spent a total of over 28 hours on the mission, 6 of those
trying to pull any bug whatsoever from it. My attempts were fruitless. The whole point of this mission was to test the limits
of difficulty in Operation Flashpoint, and it definitely succeeded. Unfortunately, the mission might be near impossible for
new players, but even taking a hack at it would be fun. This is definitely a 'Must Play'. Hence ends my rant.
Dawn on Kolgujev.
What was sovereign Soviet
territory has been swamped by the invading Americans. They are flying the Stars and Stripes from the highest point on the
island - an insult which cannot be allowed.
Sergeant Guba, take your veteran Spetz Natz squad to the top of The Hill
and teach the American invaders a lesson - tear down that flag! The Americans are swarming all over the island in strength
... they think they are impregnable, the fools. Show them the truth.
Un-Impossible Mission is an exercise
in mission design. How difficult can a mission be without being genuinely impossible? What is the limit of difficulty in OFP?
It's been a long road but the result is fun, fair and virtually impossible. You can win - there are no tricks - but it is
This is a Single Player mission which is specifically designed to be played in Veteran mode. There are
no Cadet mode waypoints. The only addon required is General Barron's (or Kegetys') editor upgrade.
- Extreme difficulty, immersion and fun
- Up to 27 hours mission time (plus retries)
- Multiple custom onPlayerKilled scripts
- Intro and two Outros
- Two cutscenes
- Atrocious voice
acting by the author & friends
- Custom music
- Various scripted effects
- Easter egg
- For the first
time in an OFP single mission the Win Outro has the player's squad carried over correctly from the Mission
action at the start
- Relevant and atmospheric weather
- Conditional replacements (well, one loon)
- Plenty of
ammo and field ambulances
- Hints & tips hidden in the mission
- Highly randomised unit placement giving extensive
- Unusual Overview picture
- Versione Italiano
- Versiˇn Espa˝ola
- Traduction Franšais
- Deutsche Version
- Bonus mission. Possible Mission, the earliest surviving version of the Un-Impossible
Mission, is included in the zip as a wee bonus. Play it for light relief.
Beta testers' comments
- Awesome atmosphere! I LOVE IT!
- This is without doubt the best mission I have ever played.
- The size -
it is like having a whole campaign in one mission, with no one tell you what to do next.
- Its Great work. This sort of
thing that you have done is why Operation Flashpoint is the best game ever made, on any platform, ever! And thanks to people
like you, people like me can go into a whole other zone.
- stunning use of weather, enemy disposition, etc. and fantastic
attention to detail.
- Wow, if it were any crazier I would've exploded. I was so immersed I died ... I just slammed me
head down really hard on me keyboard. I've got the letters G,H,V,B,N and M on me forehead now, along with a funny looking
- Jesus, macguba, you trying to make our heads explode or somethin? This crap is hard.
- The cutscene was
excellent. Showed good taste in humor and women.
- Intro - Very good. One of the best intros I've seen.
- Well, instead
of working on my own mission tonight, I'm gonna be playing this.
- All in all, the replay factor MAKES this mission.
Overall, this is an action packed mission with ambushes galore and a great atmosphere of suspense.
- LOL this was fun!
- Oh and that was one fine easter egg! Thanks!
Editor Upgrade - General Barron's or Kegetys'